Thursday, December 21, 2006

Holidays...Grrrr!

Is it over? Is it done? No? Damn!

Don't get me wrong, I love the holidays. I do. But only if I can stay in my house and not leave from Thanksgiving till...oh...how about the 3rd of January?

Going to the grocery store at this point is a chore. There are so many people getting all the trimmings for their holiday parties, Christmas gatherings, and other functions. I can't even get milk without it turning into an hour long task.

I do have to say, it's quite hilarious to see my children blocking the aisle so I can get what I need. I think they are finally tired of being pushed out of the way by carts, people and their families plowing us over to get what they need while we stand there with cart tracks over our feet.

Unfortunately, I did not finish my Christmas shopping before Thanksgiving. One good thing about that is that the Super-Walmart open 24-hours 20 minutes from our house. I have resorted to shopping for Christmas gifts while most other people are asleep in their beds. While others are dreaming of sugarplums and cart tracks on people's feet, I am perusing the almost empty aisles of Walmart, enjoying walking without people blocking where I'm trying to go, or snipping the back of my shoes with their carts.

I love to shop, but for the next few weeks I think I'll stay curled up with a good book instead, and enjoy Christmas lights, and baking cookies, and shoes that haven't been soiled with cart tracks.

No comments: