Tuesday, February 20, 2007

What's next?

Today marks 6 weeks since I became single again. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I think the crying has far outweighed the laughing in recent weeks, so maybe we'll give laughing a try today. Can't hurt right?

I admit I feel that when you break up with someone, they should magically disappear from your life (moving to Alaska works for me!). Unfortunately, that rarely happens, and your stuck dealing with the person even after you realize that you'd rather stab your eyes out with a rusty fork than deal with them or hear from or about them from anyone. Unless, of course, you're hearing about how they are miserable and realize what an idiot they were to ever treat you more like a mother than a lover.

Ok! That OFFICIALLY ends my rant on the ex. Granted, as I'm still dealing with feeling like a fool for ever believing anything that came out of his mouth, there will still be times when I'm bitchy and questioning it all. However, I firmly believe it's time to sink or swim. While dealing with the demise of the relationship, I've also dealt with the demise of a turning car. Sure I can go forward and backward, hell I can even turn just a LITTLE bit, but the car is saying, "You get to stay in until you can fix me! HA HA!" We are thinking it's something as simple as the return line to the power steering pump. Man lets hope so, I don't feel like sticking too much more money into this thing!

On a lighter note, my 6 year old last night tells me, "Mom, you don't know what it's like to be a kid."

Man he doesn't know how good he's got it...

1 comment:

Heather {Desperately Seeking Sanity} said...

Hang tight...been there done that...have several t-shirts....

And single is good... :) I'm on a man strike right now and working on me...and man, is it NICE!!!

My kids like it too!!!!

It's been almost 6 months for me...and i still think about him...but they are just fleeting thoughts...because he's still doing the same things and I'm doing 10x better!

Enjoy the blog party!

Heather